- Primary Navigation
- Secondary Navigation [section related information]
- Main Site Content
- Footer with further Navigational links
- View Sitemap
"AHA courses are much better than A level History of Art as a preparation for university work. Exposure to real paintings, sculpture and buildings develops visual alertness. Seeing art in the cities where it was made reveals how it was shaped by its cultural context. Students from AHA have been made aware of many of the problems and excitements of academic Art History before they begin their BA."
Professor John Onians
The School of World Art Studies, University of East Anglia
AHA Gap Year Course
Six Week Italy COURSES (AGES: 18 - 25)
*Undergraduates & Graduates.
|COURSE NAME||DATES||DURATION||GBP FEES||USD FEES||EUR FEES|
|Spring||20 Jan - 3 March 2014||6 Weeks||£8,160||$12,650||-|
|Early Summer (FULL)||21 April - 2 June 2014||6 Weeks||£8,560||$13,200||-|
|Late Summer||18 August - 18 Sept 2014||4.5 Weeks||£6,520||$10,100||-|
|European Semester||12 Sept - 8 Dec 2014||12 Weeks||£17,780||$27,560||-|
|Autumn||27 Oct - 8 Dec 2014||6 Weeks||£8,560||$13,200||-|
|Spring||19 Jan - 2 March 2015||6 Weeks||£8,560||$13,200||-|
|Early Summer||20 April-1 June 2015||6 Weeks||£8,990||$13,900||-|
ATTEND PARTS OF THE SEMESTER COURSE
If you would like to take part in some, but not all of the European Semester Course then why not join us for a shorter 2 or 6 week course within the Semester Course. Please see below for details:
|2 weeks in London with accommodation - starting the afternoon
of Friday 12th September, finishing Sunday 28th September 2014
|Students from overseas are welcome to arrive on Thursday 11th September for a small supplement of £110|
|2 weeks in London without accommodation - starting the afternoon of Friday 12th September, finishing Sunday 28th September 2014||£3,070|
|1 week in Paris with accommodation - Leaving for Paris on the
Sunday 28th September, finishing Monday 6th October 2014
|1 week in the South of France with accomodation - leaving from Paris Monday 6th October, finishing Sunday 12th October 2014||£1,240|
|2 weeks in Tuscany with accommodation - arriving Sunday 12th October, finishing Monday 27th October 2014||£2,420|
|6 weeks: 2 weeks in London, 1 week in Paris one week in the South of France and a final 2 weeks in Tuscany||£9,230|
If you have left school, please note our Late Summer Course which is timed to return before the beginning of the University term. It is just under 5 weeks long with an optional week at the end continuing onto Sicily.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?:
Included in the fees:
- Tuition in small groups
- Train travel or private coach travel between cities
- All accommodation
- Return flight from the UK to Italy ***
- AS OF 17/02/14 AHA WILL NEED TO INTRODUCE A FLIGHT SUPPLEMENT OF £100 FOR LATE BOOKINGS FOR THE EARLY SUMMER GAP COURSE 2014.
- Transfers in Italy
- All transport in Italy when concerned with teaching
- Instructional materials
- All museum entrance fees
- Notes and reading lists
- Drawing tuition
- 2 conversational Italian lessons
- Extras included in the Semester Course:
- The additional courses in Tuscany (language, cookery, literature, and film).
- All travel and air travel between cities on the tour i.e flights from London to Paris and from Paris to Tuscany and travel from Tuscany throughout Italy on the Autumn course and a return flight to the UK after the 12 weeks.)
- Transport when concerned with teaching (by issuing Oyster cards, bus passes, or buying train tickets)
- Items not included in the fees:
- Travel Insurance, repatriation or cancellation insurance.
- Connecting flights from domicile to the UK and back*
- Spending money**
- Lunch and supper
* If students travelling from countries other than the UK wish to organise their own flights to Italy, meeting the group there, we will deduct the cost of the flights that would have otherwise been bought.
We recommend that students bring £30-£33** per day to cover food, drinks and spending money.
Travel insurance for Uk students can be arranged by contacting Mind the Gap Year. They offer competitive & comprehensive insurance adaptable to each of the courses we offer. Please ensure that you policy covers medical & repatriation expenses. For American Students travelling in Europe we recommend using
Flights are purchased seperately through our travel partner Round the World Experts, ATOL bonded 4267. Total monies paid will not exceed the fees stated above, although last minute sign ups may be asked to pay a flight supplement.
AHA protects client moneys paid in advance by placing them in a Clients Trust Account as recommended by the tour regulations of the 1992 Consumer Protection Act. Monies are held in this segregated account (and thus not part of the audit of Art History Abroad) until the completion of a course.