Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number, family detail, lifestyle and social circumstances, membership details, goods and services, financial details, education and employment details. We also process sensitive classes of information that may include physical or mental health details, racial or ethnic origin details, and religious or other beliefs of a similar nature.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and from May 2018, the GDPR and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used exclusively in connection with AHA courses and events.
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails or mailshots for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Where we store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
Privacy, Art History Abroad
The Red House
1 Lambseth Street