6-week gap year courses and the 12-week semester Apply now
For those aged 18 – 22, undergraduates and graduates
|COURSE NAME||DATES||DURATION||GBP FEES|
|Early Summer||Postponed||6 weeks||£10,925|
|Late Summer||21 August – 11 September 2020||3 weeks||£5,400|
|Semester||21 September – 11 December 2020||12 weeks||£22,890|
|Autumn||2 November – 11 December 2020||6 weeks||£10,925|
|Spring – India||11 January – 22 February 2021||6 weeks||£10,900|
|Arts and Culture Festival||2 – 13 September 2020 provisonal||10 Days||£2,180|
|Arts and Culture Festival||11 – 22 October 2020||10 Days||£2,180|
|Arts and Culture Festival||9 – 20 November 2020||10 Days||£2,180|
If you would like to pay in Euros or US Dollars, please ask on application.
If you would like to take part in some, but not all, of the European Semester Course then why not join us for a shorter 2- or 6-week course within the Semester Course.
Attend parts of the Semester Course
|2 weeks in London with accommodation – starting the afternoon of 21 September, finishing 7 October 2020 (including a short stay in Staffordshire)||£4,725|
|Students from overseas are welcome to arrive on 20 September for a small supplement|
|6 nights in Paris with accommodation – leaving for Paris 7 October, finishing 14 October 2020||£2,370|
|5 nights in the South of France with accommodation – leaving from Paris 14 October, finishing on 18 October 2020||£2,175|
|2 weeks in Tuscany with accommodation – starting on 18 October, finishing 2 November 2020||£3,280|
If you have just left school, please note our Late Summer Course is timed to return before the beginning of the University term.
What is included in the fees?
- Tuition in small groups
- Train travel or private coach travel between cities
- All accommodation
- Transfers in Italy
- All transport in Italy when concerned with teaching
- Instructional materials
- All museum entrance fees
- Notes and reading lists
- Drawing tuition
- 2 conversational Italian lessons
- Extras included in the Semester Course:
- The additional courses in Tuscany (language, cookery, literature, and film)
- All travel and air travel between cities on the tour i.e. flights from Paris to Tuscany and travel from Tuscany throughout Italy on the Autumn course
- Transport when concerned with teaching (by issuing Oyster cards, bus passes, or buying train tickets)
What is not included in the fees?
- Flights to and from Italy*
- Lunch and supper**
- Travel Insurance, repatriation or cancellation insurance***
* We request that students book recommended flights out of and return to London, which we carefully select for each course, in order for the group to travel together and transfer from airport to hotel easily with their tutors. Please contact the office for further information.
**We recommend that students bring £35 – £38 per day to cover food, drinks and spending money.
***Banner Insurance Group provides AHA with a Group Travel Insurance Policy that is open to all AHA participants. If you arrange your own, please ensure that your policy covers medical and repatriation expenses.
For US citizens, in particular those who have not yet travelled abroad, the US Department of State offer a “Smart Traveller Enrolment Program”. STEP is a free service which allows US citizens and nationals travelling abroad to enrol their trip with the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.
AHA protects client monies paid in advance by placing them in a Clients Trust Account as recommended by the tour regulations of the 1992 Consumer Protection Act. Monies are held in this segregated account (and thus not part of the audit of Art History Abroad) until the completion of a course.
These are interest free and meant to easily facilitate AHA course payments with the aim of having full and final fee in our account before the course departs.
If you wish to take advantage of monthly payments for a course, please contact the office directly to arrange terms.
By signing the registration form and returning it with a non-refundable or transferable deposit you are bound by the terms and conditions of the course. The terms and conditions require each attendee to have paid in full prior to the course date of departure. Any payment plans agreed are entirely at our discretion.