6-week gap year courses and the 10.5 – week Semester
For those aged 18 – 22, undergraduates and graduates
For the dates below, you will notice that we specify the period of isolation in the UK which is obligatory for those entering the UK from the USA who would then like to continue to mainland Europe/Italy. At the time of writing (28/01/2021) this is the case but a close observation of the ever changing regulations is advised. Please save your place by entering the application process and laying down a deposit, which is returnable in the event of postponement as a result of Covid-19. AHA will be sure to advise you of any changes to the regulations and we strongly advise that you buy flights which include flexibility.Apply now
What is included in the fees?
- Tuition in small groups
- Train travel or private coach travel between cities
- All accommodation
- Transfers in Italy
- All transport in Italy when concerned with teaching
- Instructional materials
- All museum entrance fees
- Notes and reading lists
- Drawing tuition
- 2 conversational Italian lessons
- Extras included in the Semester Course:
- The additional courses in Tuscany (language, cookery, literature, and film)
- All travel and air travel between cities on the tour i.e. flights from Paris to Tuscany and travel from Tuscany throughout Italy on the Autumn course
- Transport when concerned with teaching (by issuing Oyster cards, bus passes, or buying train tickets)
What is not included in the fees?
- Flights to and from Italy*
- Lunch and supper**
- Travel Insurance, repatriation or cancellation insurance***
* We request that students book recommended flights out of and return to London, which we carefully select for each course, in order for the group to travel together and transfer from airport to hotel easily with their tutors. Please contact the office for further information.**We recommend that students bring £35 – £38 per day to cover food, drinks and spending money.***Banner Insurance Group provides AHA with a Group Travel Insurance Policy that is open to all AHA participants. If you arrange your own, please ensure that your policy covers medical and repatriation expenses.For US citizens, in particular those who have not yet travelled abroad, the US Department of State offer a “Smart Traveller Enrolment Program”. STEP is a free service which allows US citizens and nationals travelling abroad to enrol their trip with the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.AHA protects client monies paid in advance by placing them in a Clients Trust Account as recommended by the tour regulations of the 1992 Consumer Protection Act. Monies are held in this segregated account (and thus not part of the audit of Art History Abroad) until the completion of a course.
|COURSE NAME||DATES||DURATION||GBP FEES|
|Early Summer Gap Year Course||3 June – 12 July 2021*||6 weeks||£11,700|
|*Early Summer Gap Year Course Including isolation of 14 complete days**||3 June – 26 July 2021||8 weeks||£15,860|
|How We Live Together Course||7 June – 25 June 2021||2.5 weeks||£5,550|
|Late Summer Course||20 August – 8 September 2021||3 weeks||£5,400|
|Semester Course||20 September – 10 December 2021||12 weeks||£23,780|
|Autumn Gap Year Course||1 November – 10 December 2021||6 weeks||£11,700|
** In the event that we isolate in France, the 14 complete days will be made up of 7 days isolation and 7 days travelling and studying in France. If we isolate in Italy, we will be staying for 14 days in a villa in Tuscany.